Contact us for assistance with how to enroll in our programs, how to locate a pharmacy or document, or any other need you may have.Request Assistance
Or call us: 1-888-311-7632
Making Your Job Easier
Ramsell is a highly-efficient pharmacy benefit management company that deeply understands the pharmacy perspective.
Colorado HIV Insurance Assistance Program (HIAP)
The Colorado HIV Insurance Assistance Program (HIAP) helps Colorado residents qualify for AIDS-specific medications on an outpatient basis. This program is intended for those who can access private insurance or COBRA-based plans.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Colorado HIV Insurance Assistance Program (HIAP) is a program to help Colorado residents qualify for AIDS-specific medications on an outpatient basis. This program is intended for those who can access private insurance or COBRA-based plans. The HIAP can help with various types of financial assistance, including premium, deductible, co-insurance and co-pays based on income. Click the links below for the Health Insurance Assistance Program (HIAP):
If you are eligible for Medicare, you may not participate in HIAP, but you may access the Bridging the Gap, Colorado SPAP by clicking the link below:
Patients must meet the five qualifications for the program:
- Be a Colorado resident
- Have proof of HIV positive diagnosis from a doctor or testing facility
- Be at or below 400 percent of the Federal Poverty Level
- Must not be eligible for any other medical insurance through which you would be able to access medications in an affordable manner. The Ryan White ADAP system must be the payer of last resort
- If you are on Medicaid, you must access HIV medications through that program
- Proof of Colorado Residence (i.e. rental agreement or utility bill that matches the address on your application and includes your name, identifying place of residence)
- Picture identification (Colorado Driver's License, Colorado Identification card, Passport, School I.D., etc.) – MUST MATCH address on application
- Proof of Income (copies of either your most recent Federal or State Income Tax returns, most recent pay stub (at least one month), Public Assistance or Social Security Award Letters)
- All information necessary to provide payment to an employer, or medical/ pharmaceutical provider (such as invoices, policy information, etc
- Verification of HIV status
CO ADAP Standard Formulary:https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdphe/state-drug-assistance-program
Patients that are on the Health Insurance Assistance Program, may get prescriptions through major HIV medical care providers, such as Denver Health or University Hospital or Kaiser Permanente, chain stores such as Walgreens and King Soopers/City Market, or some specialty pharmacies such as Colorado Pharmacy or the Apothecary in Boulder.
To locate the pharmacy closest to you, use the Pharmacy Locator on the left panel, or call Ramsell at 1-888-311-7632.
Please click on the link below to learn more about HIV Care Clinics, Case Management Services, etc.www.cdphe.state.co.us/dc/HIVandSTD/RyanWhite/care.html