Contact us for assistance with how to enroll in our programs, how to locate a pharmacy or document, or any other need you may have.Request Assistance
Or call us: 1-888-311-7632
Getting Patients the Help
We understand the needs of medical professionals, and we know that patients who rely on the public health require a greater level of sensitivity and attention.
Virginia Department of Health Pharmacy Benefit Management Program
The Virginia (VA) AIDS Drug Assistance Program provides access to life-saving medications for the treatment of HIV and related illnesses for low-income clients through the provision of medications or through assistance with insurance premiums and medication copayments. The program is primarily supported with federal Ryan White (RW) Treatment Extension ActPart B grant funding, which is distributed by a formula based on living HIVand AIDS cases to all states and territories in the United States. VA ADAP provides insurance cost support or directly purchased medications through four service options: Direct ADAP, the Medicare Part D Assistance Program (MPAP), the Insurance Continuation Assistance Program (ICAP) and the Health Insurance Marketplace Assistance Program (HIMAP).
Frequently Asked Questions
To be eligible for one of the programs supported by Virginia AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) applicants/clients must:
- 1. Live in Virginia
- 2. Apply through Virginia Department of Health (VDH) Central Office or through Virginia Commonwealth University Health Systems (VCUHS) Financial Services
- 3. Have an individual or family income at or below 400% of the Federal Poverty Level
- 4. Have documented CD4 count(s) and Viral Load(s) within the last six months
- 5. Not qualify or have Medicaid
- 6. Provide proof of income, changes in insurance coverage or any changes in residency every six months for recertification
- 7. Agree to participate in the service option that best meets the client' needs and resources, and for which the applicant/client is eligible
Eligibility requirements can be viewed at:
HIMAP (also referred to as ACAIC)
Clients enrolled in a VDH-approved HIMAP/ACAIC plan will receive copayment assistance for all medications on the insurance plan's formulary.
Clients enrolled in ICAP will receive copayment assistance for medications only on the Virginia ADAP and non-ADAP formularies.
VA ADAP Formulary:http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/disease-prevention/formulary/
VA Non ADAP Formulary:http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/disease-prevention/formulary/
Clients enrolled in a MPAP will receive copayment assistance for all medications on the client's Medicare Part D formulary.
To locate the pharmacy closest to you, enter your City, Zip code or County in the Pharmacy Locator on the left panel. Or call Ramsell at 1-888-311-7632.
More information can be found on the Virginia Department of Health website: