Get In Touch!
Contact us today to see how we can help you maximize your benefit and program investments for a better future in uncertain times.Request a Demo
Our Heart Is In Public Health
We help public health programs maximize limited resources and improve outcomes by connecting people to the services and medications they need... for a better life.
Ramsell Partners with HealthTrans® to Provide Free Drug Discount Program to Public Health Program ParticipantsNationwide Program Benefits Individuals by Providing Access to Prescription Drugs at a Discount; Cost-Savings can Range from 10 to 85 Percent
Oakland, Calif. and Greenwood Village, Colo. August 5, 2008
- Ramsell, a pharmacy benefits manager and information management company, and its partner, HealthTrans, a pharmacy benefit administrator, will offer a nationwide drug discount program tailored to help uninsured and underinsured individuals. Named the Ramsell Pharmacy Discount Card Program, this initiative provides prescription drug discounts to individuals or families regardless of current health condition, age or insurance status, allowing for an average of 10 to 85 percent savings on brand and generic medications at more than 58,000 pharmacies.
The Ramsell Pharmacy Discount Card Program extends prescription discount benefits to the more than 47 million individuals who do not have health insurance. The drug discount program is free, requires no paperwork, and does not exclude those with pre-existing conditions.
"Ramsell is committed to being a resourceful partner to public health programs by developing solutions that maintain the health of patients without putting a burden on their finances, said Sophia Byndloss, President, Ramsell. In partnering with HealthTrans, we are proud to offer a program that will lend a helping hand and improve the lives of the underserved."
Key benefits of the Ramsell Pharmacy Discount Card Program:
- Significant discounts on prescription drugs an average of 10 to 85% on the cost of both brand-name and generic drugs
- Easy enrollment individuals can enroll instantly via the phone or Internet
- No cost membership is free and prescription drug discounts begin immediately
- Extensive pharmacy network the card can be used at more than 58,000 pharmacies throughout the United States
- Everyone is accepted available to anyone, regardless of current health condition, age or insurance status
"HealthTrans recognizes the importance of providing affordable prescription solutions to individuals and families who are underinsured or uninsured," said Michael Oshins, Senior Vice President of Consumer Directed Healthcare, HealthTrans. We strive to partner with like-minded organizations like Ramsell that are focused on delivering cost-effective solutions with the ultimate goal of improving patient outcomes."
About Ramsell Pharmacy Solutions
Ramsell, a subsidiary of Ramsell Holding Corporation, is a highly efficient pharmacy benefits manager and information management company that provides customized services for public health programs. Its proprietary software and healthcare expertise enables health care entities to make funds go further, thereby assuring that patients have access to life-sustaining medications they need to survive and thrive. As an important segment of the Ramsell family business, Ramsell gives a portion of its profits to the Flowers Heritage Foundation, a non-profit group active in community service, education, prevention and the fight against HIV and AIDS. Ramsell is based in Oakland, California.
HealthTrans, a pharmacy benefits administrator, provides employers, third party administrators, brokers, consultants, managed care organizations (MCOs), and other payers with the tools and clinical expertise to more efficiently manage pharmacy benefit programs. HealthTrans solutions use Web-enabled applications that provide clients with the increased flexibility to manage pharmacy network administration, benefits administration, claims processing, financial reporting, mail order/90 day at retail programs, as well as manufacturers rebate processing and reporting. HealthTrans has always offered a transparent business model that aligns our goals with those of our clients through full-disclosure and a value-based formulary model that focuses on the lowest overall net drug spend to help them lower pharmacy costs. For more information about HealthTrans, visit its Web site at http://www.healthtrans.com