Contact us for assistance with how to enroll in our programs, how to locate a pharmacy or document, or any other need you may have.Request Assistance
Or call us: 1-888-311-7632
The Ramsell Free Drug
Print Free Drug Card
Our Heart Is In Public Health
We help public health programs maximize limited resources and improve outcomes by connecting people to the services and medications they need... for a better life.
Illinois Pre-exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) Assistance Program
Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) offers tailored client navigation for PrEP services, which include Education, Medication Access, Referral to PrEP-friendly clinicians,
and most importantly, enrollment into appropriate payment assistance programs.
Pre-exposure prophylaxis, or PrEP, is a way for people who do not have HIV but who are at substantial risk of getting it to prevent HIV infection by taking a pill every day. PrEP is a medication that when used consistently, has been shown to prevent HIV infection in someone who is exposed to HIV through unprotected sex or injection drug use.
For more information, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention PrEP website by clicking here .
WHO MAY BENEFIT FROM PREP?
The CDC recommends that PrEP be offered to anyone with "ongoing high risk for acquiring HIV infection." Identifying potential PrEP candidates begins with taking a sexual and drug use history. Some groups that may benefit from PrEP include:
- HIV negative heterosexuals who may have an HIV positive sexual or drug-using partner
- HIV negative women who have an HIV positive partner and want to have a healthy pregnancy
- Men who have sex with men (MSM) who engage in condomless sex
- MSM with multiple sex partners
- Anyone with syphilis or rectal STDs (for example, rectal gonorrhea or chlamydia)
- Anyone with one or more HIV-positive sex partners, particularly if the HIV-positive partner is not in care or does not have an undetectable viral load
- Injection drug users
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the enrollment requirements for Illinois Pre-exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) Assistance Program?
people at high risk of getting HIV that are also covered by the IDHP PrEP Program are:
Clients can fill prescriptions through any pharmacy in Illinois in the Ramsell PrEP network.
To locate the pharmacy closest to the client, use the Pharmacy Locator on the left panel, or call Ramsell at 1-888-311-7685.